How to you get AI generated models to forget information that it was trained on, when that information was later retracted by it's authors?

During a human lifetime we learn facts that are later determined to be incomplete or wrong.

We effectively mark in our memory that retraction or modification has taken place. 

Over the past year numerous research papers has be retracted due to errors or fraud by the authors.

How do we know that these retracted research papers have not been used during the AI training cycle?

Then how do we get the AI developed model to forget this defective information? 

Peter Brooks

Palm Bay Florida 

Parents
  • Dealing with withdrawn or corrected information is a significant problem for humans let alone AI. Papers or articles that are published with a blaze of glory are normally corrected or withdrawn in some obscure part of the publication.

Retraction Watch tries to document this but how many people actually look at it. May be it should be hardwired into AI systems.

https://retractionwatch.com/the-retraction-watch-leaderboard/top-10-most-highly-cited-retracted-papers/

• Hello Roger:

Yes I have used this site from time to time but what it considers major (by being highly cited) does not mean it is the most important retractions.

When the IET quotes (sometimes verbatim) a summary from a University on a recent research paper, I attempt to download and scan the actual paper.

Frequently the public release from the University bear little relationship to what is in the actual research paper  - It is just an ADVERT for the University. 

Peter Brooks

Palm Bay 

• Hello Roger:

Yes I have used this site from time to time but what it considers major (by being highly cited) does not mean it is the most important retractions.

When the IET quotes (sometimes verbatim) a summary from a University on a recent research paper, I attempt to download and scan the actual paper.

Frequently the public release from the University bear little relationship to what is in the actual research paper  - It is just an ADVERT for the University. 

Peter Brooks

Palm Bay 

Children
No Data