Dear IET Victorian Members,
The IET Victorian Network wishes you a happy, safe and prosperous new year!
We hope this mail finds you well.
Throughout the years the IET Victoria network has been organising activities to engage, educate and network for our members. All of this has been done by a set of volunteers, they are just like you, members of the IET.
As you know Melbourne, Victoria as the most lockdown city in the world had a hard time during the past couple of years. During this time the network had to reinvent itself. We couldn't have face to face meetings, events or site tours. It took us a bit of time to adjust, but we persevered and managed to do some good online events.
It appears this new normal is going to be there for a while looking at the COVID numbers state and nationwide. Therefore, as a network, we would have to work with this new normal, readjust as required and rejuvenate the network. For this, the network needs your support. We need more volunteers to assist the IET Victorian Network. Maybe joining us as committee members or being volunteers for various events and activities.
First of all, we would love to hear from you. Please get in touch with us irrespective you could volunteer or not. Our networks email is Victoria-LN@ietvolunteer.org. You could also see and engage with our network's activities on our LinkedIn page The Institution of Engineering and Technology Victoria Network | Groups | LinkedIn
We would love to hear from you. We would like to engage with you in any capacity you wish. We would like you to help us upkeep and grow our network. We need your support.
Also, if you have ways and means we would like your support with;
- By introducing speakers you know who has interesting topics of relevance to an IET audience. Some suggestions would be, topics on people-centric infrastructure, digital futures, productive manufacturing techniques, sustainability & climate change and healthy lives or any other topic of relevance.
- Identifying technical site visits and assisting us in securing such opportunities.
- Assisting us in ways of engaging with young professionals and increasing their numbers, ensuring the future success of the network.
- Help us contact and engagement with universities to create on-campus IET student clubs.
- If you know of any parties that would like to sponsor our networks events, please introduce them to us.
We sincerely hope to hear from you. We would like your support in sustaining and growing our network.
IET Victoria Network Committee