The IET Scotland Local Network wants to support Scottish based Engineering and Technology companies with their engineering and technology ambitions and challenges.
We are fortunate to have an experienced and diverse committee of volunteers, and a growing membership of over 10,000 in the region, aligned to the IET mission to inspire, inform and influence our engineering community.
Our volunteers are active across Scotland offering:
- Inspiring events, visits, and lectures
- Professional and personal network building
- Peer to peer knowledge and experience sharing across the breadth of engineering disciplines.
We can also offer help accessing the services offered by the IET. From STEM engagement to professional development pathways in career development, we can help you find what you need from the range of IET services. For example:
- Corporate, Academic and Enterprise Partnerships
- Advice, support, and access to resources to support Continuous Professional Development.
- Advice for organisations interested in supporting staff toward Professional Registration with the Engineering Council.
- Mentorship for individuals working toward Professional Registration with the Engineering Council.
- Opportunities to sponsor high-quality STEM programmes and scholarships for the next generation of engineers and technologists.
- Access to STEM education resources for parents, teachers, and young people in primary and secondary schools.
We plan to continue to strengthen the impact we have in our community, starting with these activities. If you’d like to access any of these activities, please send me a private message.
Posted on behalf of Professor David Flynn
FRSE, FRSA, FHEA, PhD, MSc, BEng (Hons), MIET, MIEEE,
Chair of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) Scotland Network