Can Incorporated Engineer (IEng) apply for EUR ING Status?

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can advise me on the EUR ING application.

I have recently attained Incorporated Engineer (IEng) Status. I graduated with BEng (HONS) from Northumbria University (through distance learning in Malaysia) and have 15 years of professional experience.

I’m looking for recognition in Europe so that I could gain the opportunity for an inter-departmental transfer within my organization.

My question is as follows:

  1. Does EUR ING applicant require to have attained Chartered Engineer (CEng) Status?
  2. Does an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) able to apply for EUR ING status?

There may be a few other questions that I may have overlooked prior to considering the EUR ING application. Looking forward to your guidance and feedback.

Advice from experts is much appreciated.


Thiben Kerisnain IEng MIET

Parents Reply
  • Hi Mark, I appreciate your response. I did reviewed European Engineering Education Database (EEED) and Northumbria University does shows up on the system.

    I dig a little deeper to understand if my Degree program recognized for the EUR ING application. My program is not listed neither in Actual or in Historical Programmes Database.

    Details of my qualification as below:

    BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Completed in 2008. 

    Any information and feedback would be appreciated. Thank You.

No Data