This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Careers Talks In School

Thought it good to share a recent experience with other Local Network members.  I was invited to talk on my career to 200 year 5,6&7 pupils at a Kilmarnock school over two days as part of their STEM week activities.  Undaunted, I obtained literature from the IET, which comprosed targeted careers information, information for parents and a number of posters to augment the theme of futures in engineering and technology.  Each presentation was followed with the building of the IET torches, which the pupils were invited to take home and discuss the parts and building experience with their families.  Feedback has been good and will probably lead to further engagement.  Some of the pupils offered the observation that their time spent with me was the best part of their STEM week.  That was more than enough reward for me.  Hope that this helps others consider presenting in schools to the younger pupils to help open their minds to engineering and technology futures.
Parents Reply Children
No Data