This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Night Time Operational Solar Panels. Wow!

A wonderful invention...................

https://thegoodnewshub.com/news/science/2022/04/13/solar-panels-that-generate-electricity-at-night/

Z.

Parents
  • Nice idea, but at 50mW/m², I would need something like 1000m² of panels just to cover my base load overnight.

I will stick with my existing panels and battery, which will power my house all night at this time of year.

• But.....................................from little acorns mighty oaks do grow.

Z.

• well you will never do better than converting 100% of the available energy landing as irradiation to electricity - so no more than a factor of 3 to 5 from where we are now, and realistically, probably half of that. Storing daytime energy makes more sense.

Mike.

• well you will never do better than converting 100% of the available energy landing as irradiation to electricity - so no more than a factor of 3 to 5 from where we are now, and realistically, probably half of that. Storing daytime energy makes more sense.

Mike.

Children
No Data