This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Should an electrician have an Apple or an Android mobile device.

Should an electrician have an Apple or Android mobile device for all the apps they are now expected to use, such as those for EVSE?

Does it make any difference and do equipment manufacturers show any preference?

Parents
  • Lisa, many thanks. As someone who always disables all the cookies and legitimate interest usage I am one of the others. I use an Macbook for main use, an Android phone, I cannot justify the price of a decent Apple phone,  and a steam driven desktop on W8 Pro to run the WIndows specific software and the odd look at the interweb. So I have a foot in most camps. I do not use the phone for accessing this site though as i have never worked out how to get to it from the IET main menu and I am too disorganised to remember to set it as a favourite when using one of the computers :(

It is interesting to see the dominance of Apple though.

• Lisa, many thanks. As someone who always disables all the cookies and legitimate interest usage I am one of the others. I use an Macbook for main use, an Android phone, I cannot justify the price of a decent Apple phone,  and a steam driven desktop on W8 Pro to run the WIndows specific software and the odd look at the interweb. So I have a foot in most camps. I do not use the phone for accessing this site though as i have never worked out how to get to it from the IET main menu and I am too disorganised to remember to set it as a favourite when using one of the computers :(

It is interesting to see the dominance of Apple though.

Children
  •   If you're on a mobile and on the IET's main site, you'll see the IET sites tab in the top corner. Select that to view the list of other sites in the IET family, we're in there under IET EngX - online community. 

To add EngX to your mobile as an icon on your home screen: for Apple phones visit the website and select the sharing feature along the bottom of the web page and then select 'Add to home screen' in the list of options. Using Android devices (and google Chrome) select the three dot drop down menu in the top right corner then select 'Add to home screen' 

This will then place an icon on the home screen of your device for 'one click' access to the site as if it was an app Slight smile

Depending on which page you're on when you do this, you can add the main homepage or a specific area that you like to visit frequently. 

Hope that helps?