This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Should an electrician have an Apple or an Android mobile device.

Should an electrician have an Apple or Android mobile device for all the apps they are now expected to use, such as those for EVSE?

Does it make any difference and do equipment manufacturers show any preference?

Parents
  • Decision made!

Around three weeks ago I went to an EV charger manufacturer training day, when the EVSE App was mentioned I casually enquired if it worked differently on an Apple device to on an Android device and if there was a a preference for one or the other.

The trainer said everyone in the office used Apple apart from one guy who was sat at the back by me and if there was a need to try something on an Android mobile they had to borrow his, there was a general murmur around the room and it soon became evident that Apple are the manufacturer of choice for electricians and electrical engineers.

Actually buying what I wanted was a bit of an issue, so yesterday I swung off the M42 on the way back from a job and went into the Apple store in Solihull rather than using mail order or click and collect.

Now I have it it looks, feels and does what the old one did, so it is rather an expensive upgrade to maintain the status quo.

• Decision made!

Around three weeks ago I went to an EV charger manufacturer training day, when the EVSE App was mentioned I casually enquired if it worked differently on an Apple device to on an Android device and if there was a a preference for one or the other.

The trainer said everyone in the office used Apple apart from one guy who was sat at the back by me and if there was a need to try something on an Android mobile they had to borrow his, there was a general murmur around the room and it soon became evident that Apple are the manufacturer of choice for electricians and electrical engineers.

Actually buying what I wanted was a bit of an issue, so yesterday I swung off the M42 on the way back from a job and went into the Apple store in Solihull rather than using mail order or click and collect.

Now I have it it looks, feels and does what the old one did, so it is rather an expensive upgrade to maintain the status quo.

Children
No Data