Replacing electric locomotives with diesels due to cost

There seems to be a lack of joined up thinking/government Frowning2

Parents
  • But DB Cargo also knows that biofuels are not perfect. They are not always easy to get or cheap to buy. So DB Cargo asked the government and other companies to help them get more biofuels and make them cheaper. DB Cargo said that this was not an easy decision, but it was a good way to start being more green and sustainable.

I think that DB Cargo is doing a good thing by trying to use less diesel and more biofuels, but I also think that this is not enough. I think that DB Cargo should look for other ways to make its trains run without diesel or biofuels, such as using electricity, hydrogen or batteries. I also think that DB Cargo should tell everyone how much CO2 it makes and how much it reduces, and be honest about its environmental goals and actions.

• If electricity is too expensive, then there's no way they can afford hydrogen.  Unless it's the sort of hydrogen that's made from natural gas, in which case they might as well install LPG tanks on the trains.

• If electricity is too expensive, then there's no way they can afford hydrogen.  Unless it's the sort of hydrogen that's made from natural gas, in which case they might as well install LPG tanks on the trains.

Children
No Data