The societal impact of Artificial Intelligence (AI) - what are the opportunities and challenges?

Do you see AI as a game-changer that can revolutionise industries and enhance human capabilities? Or do you have concerns about the ethical implications and the need for regulation to prevent potential misuse? Join the discussion and share your thoughts on the evolving landscape of AI and its role in shaping our future.

Parents
  • Can I vote 'all (or at least most) of the above'?

- Andy.

• Sorry Andy, only one vote allowed Slight smile. so what's your strongest contender? You can go into more detail here though if you want? I'm curious as to which one you wouldn't vote for.

• Sorry Andy, only one vote allowed Slight smile. so what's your strongest contender? You can go into more detail here though if you want? I'm curious as to which one you wouldn't vote for.

Children
  • I'm curious as to which one you wouldn't vote for.

"AI raises ethical concerns about job displacement and data privacy" - just on account of that's not really anything new or specific to AI - we have that problem already - from the days of the Luddites to what Google or Microsoft could deduce about you even before the coming of AI. AI may well make such things easier and/or cheaper - but I doubt it would be to the extent that changing from 8-bit/MHz processors to 64-bit/GHz/multicore ones did.

- Andy.

• Good point, but I think it's a common perception so it's good to capture it. It'll be an interesting historical snapshot if nothing else!