Solar PV consumed units measuring using energy meter

Hi, I am recently going to do an 3 phase Solar PV system installation to one of my clients and planning to add a 3 phase meter in between to measure the consumed units of solar by the client. For this I am planning to use Victron Energy Meter VM-3P75CT. In their product manual they have stated that a switch or circuit breaker to be added between Phase 1 and Neutral and a fuse between circuit breaker and the meter. Can anyone explain to me the technicality of this breaker & fuse addition please? What I am confused is that if it is for the protection of the meter why use only to 1 phase.

Parents
  • planning to add a 3 phase meter in between to measure the consumed units of solar by the client.

As an aside, presuming this is a grid-connected setup, then it looks to me that the meter will measure what the PV inverter generates, rather than what is consumed on-site. The difference can be significant (as anyone with a feed-in-tariff will tell you).

- Andy.

• planning to add a 3 phase meter in between to measure the consumed units of solar by the client.

As an aside, presuming this is a grid-connected setup, then it looks to me that the meter will measure what the PV inverter generates, rather than what is consumed on-site. The difference can be significant (as anyone with a feed-in-tariff will tell you).

- Andy.

Children