Reviewers needed: 'Strategic Ideas for Technologists and Engineers'

Hello IET members,

Critical feedback is needed from people willing to review chapters of my book 'Strategic Ideas for Technologists and Engineers'.

The book examines technology strategy and its development within organisations.

It explores the whole 'technological realm'.  All engineering disciplines are in scope.

I am currently writing a chapter on innovation.  Previous chapters have addressed complexity and uncertainty, strategic thinking, stakeholder management, and engineering ethics.

The book includes a new theory of technology, defining exactly what we mean by the term 'technology'. It also introduces a new type of uncertainty, which I call 'paradigm risk'.

If you would be prepared to give a few hours of your time to review some chapters, please respond here.

Thanks,

Peter

(UK-based management consultant with a background in digital services and engineering risk management.)

• Hello Peter,

I am happy to help and review a chapter.  Please do drop me a line/DM  if you want to run through my experience and background so that you can assess which chapters may be most appropriate/relevant.

• Thanks Chris.  That's much appreciated.

I'm in the middle of a chapter on innovation, so need to get that finished first.

I will then contact you with a suitable chapter to review.

It would be helpful if you could provide some basic background info.  This will help me to choose the most appropriate chapter to send you.

Please contact me directly here.  (We're not permitted to add our email addresses in this public forum.)

Best regards,

Peter

• Hi Peter, 

I am also happy to help review a chapter for your book. Please check my LinkedIn to run through my background and personal experience to be sure that it suits what you are looking for. If it does, then please drop me a line. 

• Hello Emeka,

Thanks for responding.  I'm sure you would make an excellent reviewer.

I am in the middle of writing a chapter on innovation, but when this is finished I will prepare some content for review.

I suspect you have a broad interest in strategy, covering the whole technology spectrum, which is ideal for the scope of the book.

I will make contact again towards the end of April.

Best regards,

Peter

• Hello Peter, 

I would be delighted to help review some chapters of your book if it is still required. Please, let me know. 

Best wishes, 

Benjamin

• Thanks.  I have made direct contact.  Regards, Peter

• Happy to assist - LinkedIn ((1) Ivan Mactaggart VR CEng FIET FCMI | LinkedIn) gives my experience/background. Best wishes and good luck 

• Thanks Ivan.  I will contact you directly with further information.